Saturday, February 8, 2020

So great to be back in Ukraine!

For the past year I have enjoyed my time in China. It was a wild ride full of hard work and new experiences. It was also a really great opportunity to get to know my husband better. When we first got married we lived in Kiev for seven months, all the while with his mother intercepting us all the time. While we were together in China, we had a great time getting to know each other better without her intervention. Now that we've come back to Ukraine, we don't have that stressful dynamic anymore. I'm like a daughter to my mother-in-law now and my husband and I are better friends. China taught us we have to value family before anything else, and always try to co-operate with one another. It also gave me time to be more comfortable with any cultural differences I may have with my husband. I heard him speaking to his Mom on the phone every day when we were in China, and as a result I can safely say I understand much more Russian than I did before.
Another thing we learned in China was the proper way to engage our English students, and about business in general. Before going to China we didn't know much about the business of English training schools. From working in China we learned the inter-workings of this business and can now adapt this experience to working in a Ukrainian environment. Our work in China has caused us to be harder working also, we don't get as tired and we are driven to make money. Overall we learned alot of China, and let's hope we can keep going with  the lessons we've learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment